Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Rowan vs. The Nap

Me: Okay, baby. Time for your nap.  Nighty night!

Rowan: Okay, no problem.  Nap it is.  Wait, why are you leaving the room, mommy?  I don't understand.  What does "nap" mean?  Well, I don't like it, so I'm going to cry.

Waaaaah!

Wow, you know, I'm actually kind of tired.  Maybe I'll just...

NO!  If I fall asleep, mommy wins!  Waaaaaaaah!

But seriously, I'm kind of tired.  Probably wouldn't hurt to just...

NO! Waaaah!  Can't...lose...this...

Really tired, though, and I've been crying for a while.  Maybe mommy is trying to teach me how to calm myself to sleep.  Screw that!

Waaaaaaah!

Still kind of tired.  I'll just rest my cry voice for a minute, close my eyes...

Zzzz.

Holy shit, that was close!  I almost feel asleep there.  Better not let mommy think I actually did.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Me:  Fine, baby, you win.  Let's feed you.

Rowan:  Jackpot.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute. Well, her not napping probably wasn't too cute for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Ah yes. The battle against the dreaded sleep monster. He must not be allowed to win ...

    I can always tell when Elliot is finally about to fall asleep because he fights the hardest just before succumbing.

    ReplyDelete